Yashovardhan (aka Yash) Birla, Chairman of Yash Birla Group, seldom needs any introduction. He has always been in the limelight and news for several reasons. People know him for his flamboyant personality, unique fashion sense and impressive physique. However, very few know about the tough battles he has won in his personal life. Yash took reins of Birla Empire at the tender age of 23, on account of death of his parents and sister in a plane crash in 1990. Leaving his college in North Carolina, Yash was asked to take charge of the legacy, which was till then managed by his uncle Aditya Birla. That is how the journey began for the Birla scion.
Yash holds Masters in Commerce and a degree in Law, which equipped him to take on the responsibilities at an early age. Since then he has shaped and diversified the Yash Birla Group of Companies. He consistently works as per the company motto Move Ahead. Stay Ahead. Innovation and Technology are the strong pillars that lend sustainability to the Birla group. Yash Birla has been successful in inculcating the sense of integrity in his team members. Today, Birla group is known for high class Engineering, Steel, chemical, Cement, Telecom, It, BPO and for services in many other sectors. Birla Group today has a turnover of Rs. 30 billion and is a global conglomerate.
This cool business tycoon is extremely spiritual and considers his wife Avanti, his children (Vedant, Nirvan and Shloka), and the Divine Power as his strength that keeps him going. He believes in giving back to the society and contributes towards various welfare and development programs.
Birla Industries Group Charity Trust (BIGCT) is an apex body that carries out various charity and welfare programs. Sunanda Birla International School was established in 2013 in Walkeshwar, Mumbai, with a vision to promote education in society. A few of them are listed below:
- Birla Shloka Edutech Limited provides software solutions to various schools across India with a vision to provide hi-tech learning to Indian students.
- Pashurakshak Mandal Trust located at Yeoor Thane, looks after non-milk producing Cows which are abandoned. It also has an allopathic dispensary that treats patients at a nominal fee.
- Shardadevi Birla Dharmasala at Udipi, Karnataka, provides accommodation to pilgrims.
- Brahmanwadi, C.P. Tank, Mumbai, has an Ayurvedic Dispensary which is run and managed by Yash Society. Patients are provided free medication. Upper floors are for the Brahmins and Pundits to stay for free.
- Vedant Charitable Dispensary, Dehradhun has a dispensary which is being run and managed by Sunanda Medical Institution in Delhi and it was shifted to Dehradhun in 2005. It provides treatment to outdoor patients from Slum areas in the City.
- Japanese Budh Mandir Trust looks after a temple in Worli, Mumbai for Lord Buddha since 1941.
While the Birla Group continues to make a mark in the industry, Yash ensures that the CSR activities are not far behind.
Fly With VIP connects you to your favourite celebrity and their charity!