From debuting as a lost-in-love girl in Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s ‘Saawariya’ to her latest uber confident Milli Chakravarty in ‘Khoobsurat’, Sonam Kapoor has grown up, both as an actor and a human being (she is associated with Smile Foundation and regularly auctions her clothes that support poor children). Not to forget, she is also the crowned fashionista of the industry. Though she always dressed well, it was only after ‘I hate Love Storys’ and ‘Aisha’ that people started noticing her and she earned a reputation as the ultimate fashion icon. Be it her clothes, hair dos or make up, Sonam sets trends every time she makes a public appearance.
We bring you our 10 famous public appearances made by Sonam Kapoor that earned applause from the fashion industry worldwide:
- Sonam stuns her audience in this futuristic Jaun Paul Gaultier couture gown at Cannes 2011.
- At the Formula 1 after party at the Lap Buddh International Circuit, Sonam Kapoor in her black sequinned gown looks every bit the fashion diva she is.
- Sonam looking effortlessly chic in a Victoria Beckham vermillion dress with a funky turquoise necklace, golden heels and the classic red lips.
- Sonam looks stunning in this Anamika Khanna gold and white royal sari with a trailing jacket. But it is this traditional nathni that steals the look
- In this black and white chequered gown by Marc Jacobs and long ruby red earrings, Sonam looks quite the stunner on the episode of Koffee with Karan
- Sonam in a champagne Giorgio Armani dress with a plunging neckline at the Giorgio Armani Prive show in Paris. Isn’t she a show stopper?
- One of her best appearances ever at Cannes! Sonam in a see-through sari cum western outfit by Anamika Khanna. The vintage choker necklace from her mother’s collection is quite the eye catcher, what say!
- Looking chic in this minimalistic lilac dress by Prabal Gurung, Sonam Kapoor makes heads turn wherever she goes!
- Sonam looking pretty in a hip printed sari from Masaba Gupta, long dangling earrings and a red bindi.
- After receiving a lot of flak for her Elie Saab’s feathered gown at the recently concluded 68th Annual Cannes Film Festival 2015, Sonam in this butterfly couture by Abu Jani and Sandeep Khosla not only managed to silence her critics, but also restored the faith of her fans
Her beauty, poise and innate fashion sense makes her stand out in the crowd. No wonder she is every magazine’s favourite pin-up girl!
Fly With VIP wishes the darling fashionista a very Happy Birthday!